SHR clock reset

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:04:57 CEST 2009

On 8/28/09, Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <seba.dos1 at gmail.com>
>
>> On 8/28/09, Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm having the following problem on SHR-u. The clock resets itself to
>> 0:00
>> > Jan 1 2000 once in a while. Sometimes it's correct again. Any idea which
>> > program is doing this? Is it getting incorrect time from GSM?
>> >
>> > Michal
>> >

>> Program? Or maybe flat battery which keeps clock running? ;x
>>

> I don't understand what you mean. Care to elaborate? The phone had always
> automagically set the time correctly (from gsm I suppose). Recently it
> doesn't do that anymore.

Freerunner (as almost all other phones) has small battery inside to
keep clock running even without that big battery. It could just went
flat so it can't keep clock. I had the same with my Nokia 6230i.

No, setting time from GSM doesn't work yet AFAIK. Time can be set from
NTP or GPS.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos