apt-portal import opkg repos :) & some comments

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Aug 29 04:10:41 CEST 2009

Meanwhile the design, and the server is going on I was working on the
backend and I hope this will help
Attached is the adaptation of apt2sql to work on opkg repositories
opkg2sql.py. now at least it provided almost the same information as
apt2sql
I have succesfuly import the "all" architecture, but I have some
problems with the arm4t due a bug on the version of python-sqlalchemy
with UTF-8 chars, I have forced it to ascii and trying again.

Regarding apt-portal
For those worried about package filtering and problems on automatic
import the repo don't worry , as far as I can see (Joao please tell me
if I'm wrong) the package import is not the information finally
showing on description on the aplication showcase in fact app/app
clasification/app info has to be introduced by "hand" with the web
editor/adminstrator or directly in the table and you select wich
package is related ,  on playdeb I see you can hide package classified
them as int even if they are linked to any app.

Well classifying all the thousand packages this way will be a little
bit wasting of time so we will have to filter them previously to enter
on the bd, there is a field called Section in the Package file of the
repo that can be used for that propose I guess, filtering all packages
marked as "base", "devel", etc, etc we must work on this list and look
 if we have to create another classes finally to manage the opkg
packages instead of reusing the debian ones.

BTW, I have not successfully yet classified a packages and make it
apperar in the Uptades section from the demo playdeb application, they
appears as linked and classified in the Packages  tab

I really noob on python, in fact this is my first python project (not
counting the PoCoMoko attempt) I'm using my rusty  php programing
skills, but I think we can do great things with this apt-portal as
base.
--
David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com