Litemoko, new window environment

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Sun Aug 30 09:04:56 CEST 2009

2009/8/30 Ali <alishams at interchange.ubc.ca>

> On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 23:07 +0200, Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, did anyone try it? I've used it for the past 2
> > weeks, and it works flawlessly. Fast, simple, and the apps run
> > fullscreen. Just what I needed, but maybe I'm in minority :-)
> I installed the package, made a .Xsession file in ~/ but could not get
> icewm to launch. This is on shr unstable 0808 full glibc ipk (the one
> recommended at #openmoko). I'de love to give it a try but haven't had
> too much time to figure out whats wrong. Clearly it worked for you, are
> you launching ice with .xsession? Or firing it up manually?

Below is the .Xsession that I use (almost the same as in the downloads). So
icewm is started there. Are you sure it doesn't start? After starting the
screen will be black. You need to use the top-right gesture to bring the
panel (see video).

If instead of icewm you get enlightenment, then your .Xsession doesn't start
up properly, maybe you misnamed it (you need to prefix it with a dot
manually).

root at om-gta02 ~ $ cat .Xsession
#!/bin/sh

icewm &