Unknown boot options

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 10:44:51 CEST 2009

David Fokkema <dfokkema at ileos.nl> writes:
>> Qi reads factory partition to make ethernet gadget use fixed
>> predefined MAC address. If g_ether is statically compiled in there's
>> no way to set MAC address other than supplying it through the kernel
>> command line. If g_ether is a module, the recent modprobe will look at
>> the kernel command line and load the module with corresponding
>> parameters.
>>
>> I guess Qi should support both modular and compiled in g_ether, hence
>> it has use the kernel command line.
>>
>> To sum up, i don't know the answer how to hide those messages but at
>> least now you know why they appear. :)
>
> So... either the FR kernels might include g_ether statically
> compiled or

Isn't really a solution because most users might want to use another
usb gadget by rmmoding g_ether. Probably unbinding will work too,
needs checking, in this case we can compile g_ether statically but
it'd still be a bad surprise for users who are not used to that.

> someone might fix the 'unknown command line' logger to be silent on
> 'g_ether' warnings?

I can't see how that is possible.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com