Debian first experience made a bit easier...

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:33:33 CEST 2009

2009/8/29 Nikita V. Youshchenko <yoush at debian.org>:
>> GPRS worked fine.
>>
> Could you please post an explanation on how to test/use gprs on debian?

Maybe see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GPRS_FSO#Using_scripts ? I
added now a link to that page also from DebianOnFreeRunner.

I'm myself actually using old method from my Om2008.12, since it seems
to work. I launch this from a PyGTK application:

identvar=$(date +%s)
ptsvar=$(dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call
--dest=org.pyneo.muxer /org/pyneo/Muxer
org.freesmartphone.GSM.MUX.AllocChannel string:$identvar | grep string
| awk -F '"' '{ print $2 }')

sleep 2

echo $identvar $ptsvar
pppd $ptsvar 115200 call gprs

...and have setup /etc/ppp/gprs-connect-chat + /etc/ppp/peers gprs.
But I guess it's pretty useless if FSO stack takes care of all that
when sending a single dbus message like described on the GPRS_FSO wiki
page.

-Timo