Bricked FR!! D:

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Aug 31 11:15:05 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 07:32:59PM -0500, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> I don't see how it can be _broken_ as it was working until it magically
> stopped, and I know I didn't hit it when it stopped... Though I did hit it a
> few times afterwards, but not hard enough to break it. I hope.
>
> How do I get at that cable?

   It's at the connector CON6001 you can see at the top right here:
https://people.openmoko.org/tony_tu/GTA02/hardware/GTA02/A5/gta02a5_pcba_cs.JPG

https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Disassembling_Neo_1973

   To "pop" the PCB out of the back cover, I hold the Neo above a towel with
the screen facing downwards and I use the fingertips of my second, third and
fourth fingers to pull the sides of the case away from the PCB. Optionally
help it a little with a thumb through SIM/SD card hole in the back cover.

   The cable is covered by some sort of flexible shield.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen