Om2009

Mirko Lindner vegyraupe at paroli-project.org
Mon Aug 31 15:57:01 CEST 2009

Hey,

just wanted to add another 2-cents to the bucket, which by now should
contain a lot of small change ...

Reading some of the mails in this thread I think we need to get the
definitions straight:

- fso - phoning middleware
- shr - a distro which comes with fso preinstalled
- om2009 - another distro that comes with fso and paroli preinstalled
- paroli - a python daemon that comes with 4 phoning apps and a
settings app by default

The question here was: should om2009 be continued.

Never having tried SHR i can't go down that path deciding by
comparison. I heard many good things about SHR, I liked the guys I
met at the dev meeting in Braunschweig so I would recommend active
devs to go for SHR.

As for Om2009 it has always been a one-man show or at least mainly.
And that man was Angus. He did the cleanup, made the builds etc etc.
Seen that he has limited resources now I would think Om2009 has a
dark future ;) So probably best to say good bye while we still have
good memories :)

I heard there would be efforts to bring paroli to SHR and maybe
integrate it better or make it smoother, if anyone wants to do so,
just let me know if you need commit access to the paroli git and
we'll try to get you into the loop (which can be very chaotic at
times ;) )

As for me, due to heavy engagements with Qi Hardware I don't have
much time left for paroli right now, every now and again there is a
burst of commits but nothing too stable so any help is welcome.

/mirko