Ideal screen rotation

Neil Jerram neiljerram at
Tue Dec 1 14:14:05 CET 2009

2009/11/23 Neil Jerram <neiljerram at>:
>> For now, just to get the code out, I've created a project at
>> gitorious:
> For anyone who may take a look, I should say that there are still 2
> big pieces missing:
> - Being notified somehow when the currently focussed app changes, and
> what that app's properties are, and checking those props against some
> config somewhere, to find out the app's rotation preference.

Is there a place in the Illume code where I can catch every time that
the "current foreground thing" changes?  My best guess so far is the
BORDER_FOCUS_IN event, but this misses at least two cases:

1. Switching back to the Illume launcher - which it appears doesn't
count as an E_Border.

2. An app (like Mokomaze) that starts up in full screen.