[wikireader] Support for other keyboard layouts

Tim Besard tim.besard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 23:10:23 CET 2009

Hi all,

Since I live in Belgium where the QWERTY keyboards aren't used that
much, I had a look at supporting other layouts for the on-screen
keyboard. The current code however seemed quite statically supporting a
single layout, so I spent some time separating the QWERTY-based code to
a single header, and replaced the code-generating Python tool to
generate all layout-specific code (instead of only a part of that code).
The attached patch adds and defaults to an AZERTY-based layout.

As I didn't (and still don't) know whether the devs plans to add some
run-time configuration wizard, I separated the code but made the layout
choice to be by including azerty.h instead of qwerty.h in the keyboard.c
source file.

I'm using it for some days now, apart from some 1 pixel mismatches
(which also are present at the default layout) it works pretty well. As
I saw some posts about generating a French wiki I guessed it might come
in handy for some :)

-Tim

PS. this message might appear once more somewhere in the future, as I already posted it some days ago which failed due to the attachment size (hence the bzip2-compression).