application for biking/fitness/training

topro at gmx.de topro at gmx.de
Wed Dec 9 14:13:59 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm new to this list, my name is Tobi.

Looking for an Freerunner application to record my bike-tours including heart-rate I found an old thread at

http://www.mail-archive.com/openmoko-devel@lists.openmoko.org/msg02409.html

Are there still people interested into this topic. Meanwhile I found a provider of such a bluetooth heartrate chest strap.

http://www.rungps.net/wiki/Zephyr_HxM_EN

Its the web site of a distributor located in germany, the heart rate chest strap is (as far as I know) produced by Zephyr located in New Zealand.

To implement it into an application (I would prefer tangoGPS) there is either an SDK (free of charge ?!?) available at the manufacturers website I think. And there is also already an open source application supporting that device, so getting it working should not be such a big thing ;) The application is called eCOACH, its an maemo project. See

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/ecoach/

for further information.

I could do some of the implementation if there is some interest in getting this into tangoGPS. Propably someone even knows some of the people from that old openmoko-devel at lists.openmoko.org-post and can ask them if they are still interested. Maybe together we could get that thing started.

Kind regards, Tobi