Freerunner gone...

Pieter Colpaert freepage at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:59:37 CET 2009

Hi,

My moko got lost. Whether it got stolen or whether it just fell out of
my pocket, I have no idea. Today I felt pretty sad and I had some time
to think about things every distribution should have just to make sure
someone will not slam his head against the wall, repetitively, again and
again, like I did, for not installing some basic stuff that might
prevent these things from happening.

1. Sms sentry. Put that application, or a similar one, in every light
image we got: It will reply the GPS coordinates when texting
sentry:location to moko.
2. When another sms is send we should be able to put the volume to max
and play a voice saying: PLEASE RETURN THIS PORTABLE, IT IS LOST AND THE
OWNER TRIES TO FIND IT. I'd be happy to record that voice. And display
contact information on the screen delivered by sms.

What do you guys think? Saving €230 with 5 lines of code seems a big
deal to me (€230 + sim card + personal configurations + a lot more
personal stuff actually).

Pieter