QtMoko v15

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 13 12:26:43 CET 2009

Hello everybody,
new QtMoko images v15 based on QT 4.6 are now out! Images for flashing or SD
card can be downloaded from here [1].

QtMoko is stable distribution that combines Debian/Qtopia using QT 4.6 on
framebuffer as toolkit. It has also compatibility layer for running X
applications. More information on our homepage [2][3][4][5][6].

Changes from previous version:

* Using QT 4.6 (with 2 patches that should be upstream in QT 4.6.1)
* Better QVGA support (no flickering for QMplayer videos now)
* Reading contacts from SIM in unicode (Ant)
* Wlan - fixed WPA-PSK with AES (Torfinn Ingolfsen)
* Fixed RTC problems after apt-get upgrade
* 10MB smaller image size - no python preinstalled now
* Added icon for sharing GPRS connection with PC
* Disabled modem multiplexing - fixes problems with hang in dialer after boot
* For me GPRS is now more stable (with no multiplexing).
* Powering up modem from code
* Fixed alsa scenario for voip
* Enabled voip and google talk
* New applications

Don't expect any miracles with this version. As a phone it should be quite the
same as v14. For web it's probably better because of improved webkit in QT. As
for developer i am happy that we can keep up QT up to date. I am also very
happy about applications. There is now excelent GPS application NeronGPS and
web browser Arora in package feed so dont miss them ;-)

I have also enabled VOIP for this version and replaced voip alsa state with
the one posted some time on mailing list. So maybe voip will now work. If
someone makes it working please let me know.

However there is probably still bug that incoming SMS is sometimes delivered
after phone reboot. Any help on this issue would be very welcome.

I hope there are no new bug and you will enjoy this version ;-)

Cheers

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/
[2] http://qtmoko.org/