dbus deb with increased timeout

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:52:06 CET 2009

2009/12/12 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:
> hi,
> after hours of struggling with debian's djungle of ways to build a package
> i finally succeeded to cross compile dbus with an increased timeout.
> reason: for months now i was fighting with zhone taking several attempts
> (4 to 5 ususally, often at least one restart of frameworkd and sometimes
> even reboots) to pop up the pin dialog.
>
> after installing the newly built packages, the dialog popped up at the
> first try. i restarted to be sure and again it was there the first attempt.
> for those struggling with the same problem in debian, here's the debs:
>
>> http://www.ginguppin.de/node/29

This is great news - but it is surprising that it needs a change to
the dbus code.  Isn't there a way to configure the default dbus
timeout, or to set it for particular methods?  From googling I've
found hints that adding "timeout=100" to the relevant method call
might work - but unfortunately nothing definitive on this.

Regards,
        Neil