Good idea for other things - Was: Homemade USB gamepad (NeoPlay)

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Mon Dec 14 13:22:46 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Neil Jerram <neiljerram at> wrote:
> I used to think that.  I eventually realised that the real problem was
> that I have to force charging at 500mA.  Could that be the case for
> you too?

I know that the OpenMoko adapter for the Neo has a resistor built-in
to make detection possible. I wonder how easy/hard it would be to
a) Have another standard R for '500 mA' defined in the software, and
B) To fiddle an R in somewhere to let the Neo auto-detact 500 mA (if
it's not connected to a USB bus).

I haven an in-car adapter, with a USB port, that can source up to 650
mA, but I need to tell my Neo to charge at 500mA 'by hand' now...

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0