Good idea for other things - Was: Homemade USB gamepad (NeoPlay)

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Wed Dec 16 10:33:04 CET 2009

Am 14.12.2009 um 13:04 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> 2009/12/12 Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de>:
>>
>> I always need to fiddle the USB cable into the neo and this could
>> then
>> avoided.
>
> I used to think that.  I eventually realised that the real problem was
> that I have to force charging at 500mA.  Could that be the case for
> you too?

No, I simply have sometimes to fiddle the cable into the neo before
starting the engine.
It would be very nice if there are two contacts in the size of the
small fingernail. Then
one simply need to 'clip' it into a housing with counterpart contacts.
The USB cable therefore
is in the clip housing and it should have mounting device similar to
those swan neg navigarion
holder. Then the original device could be replaced by this device.

Maybe someone could use blender to design such a device. I am only
capable to design the
electronics using KICAD. Another option would be a Wing drawing to be
used as a electronic
part for KICAD. I don't know if anyone has done similar parts to
appear more like a housing.

Regards,
Lothar