Good idea for other things - Was: Homemade USB gamepad (NeoPlay)

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Wed Dec 16 10:42:07 CET 2009

Am 14.12.2009 um 13:22 schrieb Christ van Willegen:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Neil Jerram <neiljerram at googlemail.com
> > wrote:
>> I used to think that.  I eventually realised that the real problem
>> was
>> that I have to force charging at 500mA.  Could that be the case for
>> you too?
>
> I know that the OpenMoko adapter for the Neo has a resistor built-in
> to make detection possible. I wonder how easy/hard it would be to
> a) Have another standard R for '500 mA' defined in the software, and
> B) To fiddle an R in somewhere to let the Neo auto-detact 500 mA (if
> it's not connected to a USB bus).
>
> I haven an in-car adapter, with a USB port, that can source up to 650
> mA, but I need to tell my Neo to charge at 500mA 'by hand' now...

I have a 2 Ampere Cigarette adapter from my gas station near my home.
It started working with a standard USB A -> B cable and no extra
resistor.

As of the price sign it is a kombase 'USB-Ladestecker'. EAN:
4260098010084
It costs ~ 15.95 €. But I am unsure you get the same. I have tried and
succeeded.