[SHR-U] pisi vcard error

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 17:03:03 CET 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> Al Johnson wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 December 2009, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> >> synching with google contacts worked flawlessly, so first of all great
> >>  work! source A is configured as shr sim contacts (all my contacts are
> >>  stored on sim)
> >> source b is local vcf
> >>
> >> everythign seems fine until i get the following error message (ALWAYS at
> >> 91%):
> >> VCARD components must at least contain 1 FN
> >>
> >> soem of my contacts are stored in vcard, but it aborts after that
> >> error...
> >>
> >> any help would be appreciated!
> >
> > My guess is you have a badly formatted entry at one end, or possibly
> > both. Check your vcf file for existing vcards with no line starting FN:
> > as it is one of the few required fields in a vcard. Do you have any
> > contacts with an empty name on the SIM?
>
> vcf file is empty. sim contacts are all fine and work great with
> synching with google

Using pisi from shr-u repos installed ~1hr ago an empty vcf file doesn't cause
this problem from either my SIM or opimd.

Google probably doesn't care if you don't set the name field(s), but in vCard
this field is mandatory.

Looking at /opt/pisi/vobjecttools.py I'm not convinced createRawVcard will
ensure FN is set to something if the contact has neither firstname nor
lastname attributes. My guess is that one of your contact names triggers this
case either by having an empty name, or by having a name string that upsets
the sim name parser somehow.

If you run from the cli (ssh session probably best) you may get more
information on where it's going wrong. If you haven't changed the default
config names it should be:
	pisi -v -m5 shrsim vcf1