shr-launcher new release for shr-u

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 18:12:41 CET 2009

On Friday 18 December 2009, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 15:23, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Vladimir Berezenko wrote:
> >> Contacts are shown partly. Only "Name" field is used. So no surnames.
> >> Phones are shown also only those, which are marked as Phone in OPIM.
> >> Those who are Cell phone, Work phone, etc are not shown.
> >
> >  Ahh! That's something I missed. Can you send me a list of fields you're
> > using for contacts? I'll add this functionality too. Thanks for pointing
> > this out.
>
> Please, don't implement it like "list of fields", as it'll be plain
> wrong. Use ".*[Pp]hone" scheme, or (better) look at upcoming field
> types API.

CouchDB has a similar key/value scheme, and there is some effort to
standardise the keys for application interoperability. So far Evolution and
Akonadi are using this one:
	http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktopcouch/contact
Is there any reason why we can't use the same schema rather than reinventing
the wheel?