[SHR-U] Auto-Suspend problems

vancel35 vancel at thespazcat.com
Sun Dec 20 08:24:10 CET 2009

I just installed the SHR images (kernel and rootfs) from December 4th, and I
also upgraded to Qi for my bootloader.  I assume that Qi wouldn't cause my
problem, so that leaves the newest version of SHR.

The default suspend options are
auto-suspend: ON
suspend:  40s

I always give a larger timeout for suspend, because I like to actually be
done with my phone before it suspends on me.  So I set it to about 5
minutes, and 30 seconds for the screen blank rather than 10.

The changes will not stick.  I've changed them probably 20 times, and they
won't stay.  I've even set the auto-suspend to OFF, but it keeps suspending.

After I messed with that for a while and decided to leave it alone, I was on
a phone call, and it suspended in the middle of the conversation.  I thought
the call dropped, but when I pulled my phone away and the screen didn't wake
on touch, I hit the power button to un-suspend.  Luckily my friend hadn't
hung up on me, and the call continued, but that seems a bit crazy.

Is there some reason that a freshly flashed phone won't save the power
settings and honor the auto-suspend switch?

Thanks for any info.

-Laura