[shr-u] GPS not working

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Mon Dec 21 23:17:37 CET 2009

On 12/21/2009 09:52 PM, Michele Brocco wrote:
>>> If you install zhone (which should be possible on SHR) you can open the
>>> GPS tab and look at GPS in more detail. The chip will tell you which SVs
>>> it is currently looking for and if it is receiving data or not well
>>> before they appear in the SHR GUI.
>>>
> I the meanwhile I tried with zhone and it seems to search for
> approximately 13 different SVs without results for a loooong while
> (around 20 minutes). Power On seems to work since zhone's GPS icon
> activates after turning gps on through the shr settings gui. Also no
> time sync or any other value is set.

Then I suspect that your GPS antenna is broken. I've encountered a
couple Freerunners which had this problem. If you have an external
antenna you can plug it in and see if it works.
If you can't send it back to the shop you bought your phone from and get
it repaired you can also follow the instructions on the wiki and
disassemble the phone replacing the GPS antenna is relatively easy. The
cable of the GPS antenna is probably stuck between the upper side of the
PCB and the GPS antenna itself and broke at that place due to the stress.

If you can't get a replacement antenna anywhere you can contact me and
we can arrange something.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann