[SHR-U] Podboy 1.0.0
vfebvre at easter-eggs.com
Tue Dec 22 01:40:28 CET 2009
After 6 months of inactivity, here is a new release of Podboy.
Changes in 1.0.0:
* Added Bluetooth A2DP support
* No more config file, now settings are stored in database
* Fixed callbacks with new python-elementary (revision >= 43900)
* Added date at the begin of episodes titles
* Used InnerWindow widget instead of Window widget for confirmation
* Added a confirm dialog when a single episode is deleted
* Speed up startup (~3 seconds less)
* Renamed Preferences into Settings.
* Added "About" page
* Many small fixes here and there
Podboy is a podcast aggregator/player written in Python/Elementary.
Its interface aims to be easy and finger friendly.
It uses Feedparser Python module for download/parsing of podcast feeds,
Gstreamer for playing of episodes and SQLite for storing data.
* Subscription, unsubscription (confirmation dialog) to podcasts
* Check for new episodes
* Download of a single episode or all available episodes
* Delete an episode (confirmation dialog)
* Player: play/pause/stop, mute, sliders for playing position of
episodes and volume
* Volume and playing positions of episodes are saved
* Auto-suspend is disabled during playing
* Playing is stopped on incoming GSM call
* Bluetooth A2DP support
Suggestions/feedback/bug reports are welcome.
More information about the community