[shr-u] GPS not working

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:10:47 CET 2009

On 12/22/09, Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 21:52 +0100, Michele Brocco wrote:
>> On 12/21/09, Michele Brocco <ssj2micvm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > thanks for the info guys. I will install zhone and report whether I
>> > can find out something or not. Right now with fso disabled I can get
>> > GPS NMEA data out of it. However no fix, position data or something
>> > else interesting except sometimes some unreadable Date and Time (ZDA)
>> > information which adjusted my time from year 1970 to 1999.

>> I the meanwhile I tried with zhone and it seems to search for
>> approximately 13 different SVs without results for a loooong while
>> (around 20 minutes). Power On seems to work since zhone's GPS icon
>> activates after turning gps on through the shr settings gui. Also no
>> time sync or any other value is set.
>>

> Use settings/position and "remove AGPS data" - I suspect that it
> installs with a AGPS data file that by default doesnt suit your location
> - I cant get a lock without cleaning it out after install, then its
> fine.

I tried to change GPS Antenna and to remove AGPS data but still no
luck so far. I will try to change with a third antenna in the next
days. Is there a way to see if there is some damage at the gps chip
itself? gpspipe and cat produce some nmea data in a 1Hz rate. thats
all i can see. but of course no fix data or meaningfull location data.