Hardwarefixing at 26c3?

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Sat Dec 26 01:12:53 CET 2009

On 12/25/2009 01:56 PM, Matthias Eller wrote:
> Am Freitag 25 Dezember 2009 schrieb Daniel Willmann:
>> I'm
>>  already in Berlin, but I could ask a friend to get my buzz/1024
>>  fixing components.
>
> sounds like a solution.
> Is the resistor always needed? The documents do not state this
> clearly.

You need it for the overwhelming majority of phones. A7 don't need a
buzz fix at all and Freerunner models (A6) that were produced after some
date (I think October 2008) already have a 2k2 resistor so you only need
to add the cap. These models usually have a mic that only has three
holes and not four.

For all other A6/A5/older models you will need to replace the 0Ohm
resistor with a 2k2.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann