More Questions about Encrypting, Internet Access and Games

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sat Dec 26 11:04:29 CET 2009

Rashid wrote:
> Hi thank you for you answers.
>
> May I ask some more questions:
>
> Encryption:
>
> Is there an easy way to encrypt the whole disk (except /boot)?
> Like in Ubuntu Alternate the install option "install to encrypted LVM"?
> Or will you have to do it manualy by many complicated console commands?
>
> I think too the typing of the password is a problem. Can you load the
> touchscreen software with /boot or isnt it possible. Is it possible to
> enter the Password with an USB keyboard?

Why don't you use an unencrypted partition for the distribution and use
an encrypted partition on the sd-card (maybe luks or anythign else) for
your sensitive data?
If you encrypt the whole distribution i think it will be unusable slow
because of lack of cpu power. So only encrypt the sensitive data. But
even this could lead to a very high cpu load.

> Games:
>
> Can you just compile the games on your open moko or is there more work to
> then just type make && install? Have I to change small parts of the code
> like the resolution in a c file? Or have I to do some serious port work?

You could just compile the games but you have to use games which runs
without keyboard on a touchscreen or only by mouse. In debian you could
use many precompiled games from the repository.

Ciao,
     Rainer