[FSO] Activate GPRS more than once?

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Mon Dec 28 13:38:47 CET 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Neil Jerram wrote:

> Can anyone with an FSO-based system activate GPRS more than once?
> i.e. ActivateContext, DeactivateContext, ActivateContext again.
>
> For me - on Debian, and using openmoko-panel-plugin to do the
> activation and deactivation - the first ActivateContext and
> DeactivateContext are fine, but the second ActivateContext call fails.
> The openmoko-panel-plugin logs say that there was no reply to the
> ActivateContext call.  The frameworkd logs have no trace at all of the
> second ActivateContext call, even with logging level set to DEBUG.
>
> I'm wondering if this is just me, or just Debian, or affecting
> everyone?  All thoughts appreciated.

i'm running SHR-U, and i'd noticed someting similar, and done a little
digging, and it seems to be FSO-related.  i summarised my problem and the
digging i'd done on the FSO list last month, see
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/smartphones-userland/2009-November/002201.html
, but i got no replies.

i'm not sure what to do about it.  possibly having more people log their
experiences in the FSO tracker at
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/474 would help.  once i get home
after Christmas, and can bring up GPRS without paying humungous US roaming
charges, i'll try to do that.

it's not fatal, but it's the last big thing in between me and a
fully-functional 'moko.  it'd be nice to get it resolved.

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net