[FSO] Activate GPRS more than once?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Dec 28 19:45:41 CET 2009

Am Montag, den 28.12.2009, 12:38 +0000 schrieb Tom Yates:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Neil Jerram wrote:
>
> > Can anyone with an FSO-based system activate GPRS more than once?
> > i.e. ActivateContext, DeactivateContext, ActivateContext again.
> >
> > For me - on Debian, and using openmoko-panel-plugin to do the
> > activation and deactivation - the first ActivateContext and
> > DeactivateContext are fine, but the second ActivateContext call fails.
> > The openmoko-panel-plugin logs say that there was no reply to the
> > ActivateContext call.  The frameworkd logs have no trace at all of the
> > second ActivateContext call, even with logging level set to DEBUG.
> >
> > I'm wondering if this is just me, or just Debian, or affecting
> > everyone?  All thoughts appreciated.
>
> i'm running SHR-U, and i'd noticed someting similar, and done a little
> digging, and it seems to be FSO-related.  i summarised my problem and the
> digging i'd done on the FSO list last month, see
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/smartphones-userland/2009-November/002201.html
> , but i got no replies.
>
> i'm not sure what to do about it.  possibly having more people log their
> experiences in the FSO tracker at
> http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/474 would help.  once i get home
> after Christmas, and can bring up GPRS without paying humungous US roaming
> charges, i'll try to do that.
>
> it's not fatal, but it's the last big thing in between me and a
> fully-functional 'moko.  it'd be nice to get it resolved.

I'm afraid this is a strange combination of a problem in Python, the
Python glib bindings, and/or glib itself. When the ppp process gets
closed, the supervising process (frameworkd in that case) hangs forever.
I have not yet found a way to fix this, and these days I rather put all
my energy into finishing fsogsmd. Patches appreciated, of course.

--
:M: