Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Wed Dec 30 12:49:10 CET 2009

"Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi> writes:
> Do you use FR as your daily/primary phone?

Still yes.

> Do you use FR as your primary PDA?

Yes.

> What distribution you run most of the time?

Debian unstable.

> If you don't use FR as your daily phone/PDA, what phone did you change
> over to, and why?

The largest issue currently is sound quality during call. I have
managed to get rid of buzz and echo but sometimes people complain that
they can't hear what I am saying and sometimes the sound is amplified
so much that it gets distorted. I have not been able to identify why
this behavior seems to change.

Current solution is just to make sure that the amplification is so low
that no distortion happens and then use a quick icewm menu entry to up
the volume if other side seems to suffer from the "can't hear you very
loudly" issue.