Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 21:57:50 CET 2009

On 12/30/09, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>
>> Do you use FR as your daily/primary phone?
>>

> No.
> I still test stuff on it when time permits.
>
> Do you use FR as your primary PDA?
>>

> No. Currently, I don't have a PDA. The only thing I need from a PDA is to
> sync with my calendar at work (Exchange mailbox), and the FreeRunner can't
> do that (yet?).
>

>> What distribution you run most of the time?
>>

> QtMoko.
> Note: I would have tested more distributions had there existed an _easy_ way
> to boot several distributions  (multi-boot) from one SD card. Currently it
> seems that each distribution requires a different bootloader.

I only know about Android needing forked Qi. Which other distro also
requires you to have custom bootloader?

>> If you don't use FR as your daily phone/PDA, what phone did you change
>> over to, and why?
>>

> Nokia E61, then a Nokia basic model (the E61 died(
>
> I never switched _to_ the FreeRunner, because of the short battery life.
> Having to charge it one or more times during 8 hours is to much hassle for
> me, and impractical, as I don't carry a computer with me at all times.

Strange, maybe your QtMoko just doesn't do well power management. Here
I need to recharge every ~2 days of normal usage, and battery time
when using GPS is also just nice, for instance for GSM cell logging (I
have second battery from my old Nokia and I don't need more)

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos