[debian] opera mini .. ?
vales at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 22:38:07 CET 2009
Hi i tried this evening to get opera mini working with debian, i somehow
managed to get it started, but it gets X to hang after some seconds :( If
someone is interested how i got it to work:
1) install openjdk
2) get microemu (http://microemu.org/ , Java implementation of Java ME in
3) get opera mini:
4) unpack microemu,
5) start microemu "java -jar microemulator.jar"
6) go to "Options > Select device", click "Add...", navigate to
"microemulator\devices" and select "microemu-device-resizable.jar"
7) select the "Resizable device" profile you just added and click "Set as
8) click the "Resize" button in lower right to set the size you want
(400x400 seems ok for first tests)
9) go to "File > Open JAD" and choose the Opera Mini jad you previously
10) "Opera Mini" now appears in the list of apps you can start by double
11) it should start installing after some seconds
then i get to the bookmarks i can select one and the webpage appears, but
after some seconds the system freezes. only killall -9 X helps ;)
If someone has an idea to improve performance or knows another java ME
implementation, please report :)
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/-debian--opera-mini-..---tp2255329p2255329.html
Sent from the Openmoko Community mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the community