unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

John Mandereau john.mandereau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:28:49 CET 2009

joakim at verona.se a écrit :
> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 79
> usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 80
> usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 81
> usb 4-1: device not accepting address 81, error -71
> usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 82
> usb 4-1: device not accepting address 82, error -71
> hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
>
> I had this issue before, but only sporadically. Now I get it nearly
> always. What can I do? Will connecting a network adaptor to the
> freerunner in host mode be more reliable?

You may want to try another USB wire.  I recently had "device descriptor
read/64, error -71" failures with the wire shipped with my USB external hard
disk happen with both the hard disk and the FreeRunner.  The USB wire
shipped with the FreeRunner works with both the hard disk and the
FreeRunner; so I suppose this kind of error is the fault of the wire.

Best,
John Mandereau