MyPaint 0.6

Michele Renda michele.renda at
Mon Feb 2 22:26:12 CET 2009

Hello to all

First of allI want to say thank you to Martin Renold, that has created a
very good program to extract the artist inside us :)

His program, is called MyPaint, and when I saw it, I thinked direct to
Openmoko Freerunner. I found on GetDeb the package for architecture i386
and amd64, prepared by Joao Pinto. I took the .dsc and the tar file, and
I compiled with a debuild.

The package compiled perfectly on FR whitout any changes, and in a few
of minutes I had my .deb for armel4.
They did a perfect job :)

I tried the application on FR and this was the result:

It run pretty well. It is fast enough (in Debian & XFCE). If would be
nice if someone would make a opkg package.
The only problem was the sensitivity of the touchscreen. It happen that
when a person put the pen UP the screen continue to
think  that it is still down. I think it can be fixed by software, but I
am not so sure!

If you want to try it but you don't want to compile with debuild, here
there is the precompiled package:

Best regards
Michele Renda

Ps. If you reply, do reply all, to keep the cc persons, that are not in ML.