New Release of GuitarTune v0.20 (based on Alsa)

c_c cchandel at
Tue Feb 3 14:11:14 CET 2009

Well, here's the new release of Guitar Tune (download) . Also
available on and .

It's based on alsa and automatically selects the appropriate alsa state.
Have tested on FSO Milestone 4 and kernel 2.6.28. and it should work on SHR

Source code is available here.

The freq detection is slow and needs optimisation. Currently you should get
to see something in about a second. I know the GUI and the DSP part should
be in two threads. Need to do that yet.

Feedback is welcome.

I need help to speed up the DSP part of the code. Unfortunately I'm not able
to get back access to So, the code is now
browseable here .