microsoft patent with idea's from this list

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 16:53:09 CET 2009

On Tuesday 03 February 2009, Gothnet wrote:
> Peter Nijs wrote:
> > I'm almost sure someone suggested
> > hooking up an external screen to it. That's technically not possible
>
> Isn't it?
>
> You can get external USB gfx cards these days.
>
> Whether FR has the power to drive one, or if there are FOSS drivers, I have
> no idea.

IIRC the problem was that nobody could find one that would work with USB 1.1
because the bandwidth requirement was too high. Alternative proposals involved
something like VNC or NX, but the display adaptor would end up being a more
powerful linux box than the phone. It's probably a simple enough thing to make
with a beagleboard.