[SHR] first total usable image

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Feb 3 17:50:17 CET 2009

Steffen Winkler wrote:
> Three days ago, I installed the actual SHR onto my freerunner (testing
> or unstable...I think it was the unstable image, but not sure) and
> today, I can only say one thing: It's the best image I've ever seen!
[...]
> Now I only need bluetooth and a good audio player (the pythm doesn't
> play .ogg files well...only I make a "bad quality" ogg file...)

pythm plays .oggs for me, but I had to set "renice=-15" in /etc/pythm.conf

without that, the sound gets interrupted whenever you touch the screen
or do anything. Renicing gives mplayer higher priority than screen
updates, so when you run out of cpu power, it is the screen that slows
instead of the music.

Helge Hafting