Milestone 5 'Calling All Stations' Release

Andy Green andy at
Wed Feb 4 12:00:19 CET 2009

|>> It's a good guess... does mount say that it's still ro?
| i have flashed u-boot and it starts OK. reflashed qi and have the
| problem again. interestingly enough i tried to boot fso from nor menu
| once and then qi was able to boot it ok afterwards. so i am not sure
| what exactly happens there for the first time...
| the trouble is that i don't know how to change the ro flag for qi (i
| can imagine i could place a kernel on my card and add append file with
| rw and root=/dev/mtd device and of the nand flash?)

Yes it can work, but you need root=/dev/mtdblock...

Having rootfs mount ro initially is a safety feature, it'd be sad if we
have to take it out because the rootfs can't manage doing a mount
/dev/root / -oremount,rw in the initscripts.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -