New Release of GuitarTune v0.20 (based on Alsa)

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Thu Feb 5 00:12:34 CET 2009

Hi,

Nice app, but not really functional for me. it picks the wrong note for
the string, so when playing a G the tuner hears a A.
And that seems to happen to other strings as well.
That might have to do with the harmonics created by my guitar.

 is it possible to select manually which string you try to tune?
it could filter the input signal at that frequency and perhaps make
recognizing the correct tone easier.

It sure seems like a nice tool to have on my FR.
( perhaps someone wil create an app that will make me a fresh cup of
coffee every now and then, just to make life perfect ;-)

Thanks for the nice job so far!

Kind regards,
Ed