Neon 0.9.6 is out

Nacho Seijo lists.nacho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:47:13 CET 2009

2009/2/3 Tony Berth <tonyberth at googlemail.com>

> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Valery Febvre <vfebvre at easter-eggs.com>wrote:
>
>> Tony Berth wrote:
>> > did you try it on the current SHR unstable cause it doesn't start! It
>> > crashes!
>>
>> Yes, I use SHR unstable.
>>
>> For a first install, I think there is no problem.
>> If a previous release of Neon was already installed,
>> it is perhaps neccessary to delete a file.
>> Can you look if the file /usr/bin/neon.pyo exists.
>>

>> If yes, remove it.
>>
>> If it's not the case, can you send me the output error?
>>
>> --
>> Valéry
>>

> the 'neon.pyo' file doesn't exist at all and 'yes' I had the previous
> version installled before upgrading!
>
> When I click on the icon I just get the generic error screen 'Application
> Execution Error' with no further info
>
> I don't know if that was any help to you?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony

I think it's a problem with python versions.
:

ln -s /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/neon/
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neon

This worked for me to launch neon, but it can't open any image.
This is the output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 29, in ecore.c_ecore.timer_cb
(ecore/ecore.c_ecore.c:1075)
  File "ecore.c_ecore_timer.pxi", line 97, in ecore.c_ecore.Timer._exec
(ecore/ecore.c_ecore.c:1656)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neon/neon.py", line 148, in
open_file
    self.gui.viewer.open(file_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neon/neon.py", line 650, in open
    self.__load_image(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neon/neon.py", line 644, in
__load_image
    self.properties.populate(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/neon/neon.py", line 973, in
populate
    value = format % (self.gui.viewer.img.real_w,
self.gui.viewer.img.real_h)
TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not NoneType