synchronizing audio + accelerometer data

Andreas Kemnade andreas at
Thu Feb 5 13:12:35 CET 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:18:15 +0100
Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at> wrote:

> > I would like to know much syncrhonizing is possible
> > between audio input and accelerometer input.
> > How much can it be improved with kernel modifications?
> > For example setting a timestamp in the sound input?
> What would also be nice is a good way to synchronize accel data and
> GPS data, so that, ie when walking or running, the accelleration is
> stored with the GPS data.
Just keep your system clock in sync with network or with the gps
clock and you are done. The /dev/input/event2 or /dev/input/event3
With sound that is afaik not as easy as that.

Andreas Kemnade