yaouh! 0.3 is out

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:02:02 CET 2009

Be patient with my poor English but... I don't understand all your
explanation :(
Is there a way to solve this issue? I don't know much about that file
(%gconf.xml)... But the cooool features of yaouh! 0.3 are calling me :D

I've opened the config tab on TangoGPS, pressed "Edit" after selecting
the standard OSM repo, and I've pressed "OK" to confirm current
settings. Incredible, I get a segfault:

on_combobox1_changed():
*** on_combobox1_changed(): reponame: OSM
http://tile.openstreetmap.org/%d/%d/%d.png
Segmentation fault

and TangoGPS exits immediately. Now, I don't know if there are problems
in the config file, if this is a known bug, or if it is shares his
causes with Yaouh 0.3, but... something is not working in the right way.

Do you think that the segfault of TangoGPS 0.9.5 during the edit of
repos settings is related with the impossibility of Yaouh 0.3 to catch
the current maps from TangoGPS?

Regards,

Matthias Apitz ha scritto:
> El día Thursday, February 05, 2009 a las 06:23:49PM +0100, Francesco de Virgilio escribió:
>
>> Yes now it works, but it doesn't recognize any my TangoGPS's maps; I
>> have the "normal" OSM map and the CycleMap. Attached to this mail
>> there's my %gconf.xml (found in .gconf/apps/tangogps). I use the latest
>> version of TangoGPS.
>>
>> Regards ;)
>
> You're suffering the same problem as I last night :-)
> the only usefull value in your %gconf.xml for this is:
>
>         <stringvalue>Opencyclemap</stringvalue>
>
> there is no value at all for OSM and the value for Opencyclemap does not
> contain the other values, like base URL and invert;
>
> all this is as well in tangoGPS but also in yaouh a bit crude and not
> very robust; tangoGPS works because it has its hardwired values if it
> can't find the values in %gconf.xml, have a look into tangoGPS's config
> page, you will see the URL and if you save the config it will be even
> written to the file %gconf.xml :-)
>
> all not very robust :-(
>
> 	matthias

- --
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
   mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
   http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
   http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"
GPG 0x6482E056 (FP B996 A12C BD52 2A9B CDD3 812D 462D 93B0 6482 E056)