Openmoko L10N effort.

Risto H. Kurppa risto at
Fri Feb 6 14:29:29 CET 2009

I tried this now:

echo "LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8">>/etc/profile
echo "LC_ALL=fi_FI.UTF-8>>/etc/profile
echo "export LANG LC_ALL>>/etc/profile

opkg install `opkg list | grep locale-fi | cut -d' ' -f1` (thaks lindi :)

It installed some packages but most of it failed because they all
depend on virtual-locale-fi. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know
what's going on here, should I just --force-depends?

And does anyone know if there's some centralized effort done to
localize the applications. says that community
list is at the moment the place to discuss translations but I haven't
seen any mails like that around. I think people would soon like to see
the apps in their native languages.

- Going to check if I was able to install anything in Finnish :)