A2DP success with Nokia BH-604

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:56:03 CET 2009

Hi!

I just wanted to mention that after following Lothar Behrens and Steven
Kings instructions for Jabra BT3030 I've got A2DP working for my Nokia
BH-604 headset as well. The result is good (at least with Patti
Smith/Easter and Leonard Cohen/Songs from a room!): sound is crisp and
without buzz as far as I can hear. Maybe a bit more bass would be nice,
but I think that's a headset problem.

I can walk around in the apartment without skips, which is actually
much better than on my laptop where that never really worked.

The problems I had was first that my FDOM install had some older
bluetooth packages. Check your versions against those in Lothars mail
and see to it that they match. The other issue I had was this message:

   Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Connect"
   with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.audio.Sink" doesn't exist

when running

   dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
   "/org/bluez/audio/device0" org.bluez.audio.Sink.Connect

If you get this, check what device name you got in the step before. I
had device4, so replace device0 with that in the dbus-send.

Now I just need to get the phone calls routed this way as well.

// Simon