Freesmartphone.org Milestone 5 'Calling All Stations' Release

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Wed Feb 11 09:34:54 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 19:00:19 Andy Green wrote:
> Having rootfs mount ro initially is a safety feature, it'd be sad if we
> have to take it out because the rootfs can't manage doing a mount
> /dev/root / -oremount,rw in the initscripts.

Not sure whether somebody was able to properly fix it or not. We (Chris and me)
just ran into this issue and created a "fix" for the mount script.
The /etc/init.d/checkroot.sh file in line 24 is the reason for the problem. It
complains about a wrong file descriptor here: exec 9>&0 </etc/fstab
I removed the 2 exec lines (line 24 and line 85) and added a " < /etc/fstab"
at the end of line 84.

Hope it helps someone,
Marek