[All] To build a better music player

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Fri Feb 13 00:36:30 CET 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:55:15 -0500
Dylan Reilly <dreilly at atariland.net> (DR) wrote:

>1) Yaroslav Halchenko got me off my lazy butt and we are going to be
>actively collaborating on further pythm hacking. This is good because
>he is already correcting my horrible python :^)  My git fork can be
>found at http://github.com/negi/pythm for all those interested.
>
>2) I uploaded a new version to opkg.org. I double-checked this opkg
>and it is installing fine for me. Changes include:
>* Add ability to use RequestResource in newer FSO to stop device
>suspend during playback. This is now the default. The suspension of
>Enlightenment suspend is still supported by changing "suspend_iface"
>in the config file.
>* Fix python execution error when gstreamer fails to play a media file
>and the exception is being reported.
>* Internal code clean-up.

Hi Dylan,

i installed it on quite clean shr unstable. Installs ok but uses
mutagen for wrong python version. after startup i cannot select any
songs as the file dialog is grayed out...:

 opkg install http://www.opkg.org/packages/mutagen_svn-4350_arm
v4t.ipk http://www.opkg.org/packages/0_pythm_0.5.3-dmr_armv4t.ipk
Downloading http://www.opkg.org/packages/mutagen_svn-4350_armv4t.ipk
Downloading http://www.opkg.org/packages/0_pythm_0.5.3-dmr_armv4t.ipk
Installing mutagen (svn-4350) to root...
Multiple packages (pythm and pythm) providing same name marked HOLD or
 PREFER.  Using latest. Multiple packages (pythm and pythm) providing
 same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest. Multiple packages
 (pythm and pythm) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using
 latest. Upgrading pythm on root from 0.5.1+svnr19-r3 to 0.5.3-dmr...
 pythm: unsatisfied recommendation for python-mokoui2 pythm:
 unsatisfied recommendation for python-pyalsaaudio Configuring mutagen

Configuring pythm

root at om-gta02 ~ $ export DISPLAY=:0

root at om-gta02 ~ $ pythm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pythm-bin", line 14, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/pythm-bin", line 8, in main
    from pythm import startPythm
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module> from pythm import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/pythm.py", line 1, in
<module> import gtkgui
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/__init__.py",
line 1, in <module> from pythmgtk import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/pythmgtk.py",
line 6, in <module> from pagelist import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/pagelist.py",
line 5, in <module> from pythm.functions import format_time
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/functions.py", line 6,
in <module> from mutagen.easyid3 import
EasyID3 ImportError: No module named mutagen.easyid3

I moved mutagen from /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mutagen
to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mutagen

pythm then starts:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ pythm
No Locale found, falling back! Error was:[Errno 2] No translation file
found for domain: 'pythm' new conf
using gstreamer backend
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py:242:
DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs) Could not load
backend: mplayer: No module named alsaaudio Could not load backend:
gstreamer: No module named alsaaudio

I haven't looked for python-pyalsaaudio as it is not in shr repos but
this seems to be the issue.

P.