[SHR unstable] Openmoko headset

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sat Feb 14 01:19:15 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:55:07PM +0100, Tony Berth wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> how can I avoid to have the Openmoko headset AND the speaker working at the
> same time? Where I plug-in the headset, people around me can listen to the
> conversation from the speaker!

$ amixer sset 'DAPM Handset Spk' mute

or perhaps better

$ /usr/sbin/alsactl restore -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmheadset.state

   But assuming you want this to be handled automatically, the file you're
after is /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml. Is there any documentation
for this file?

> Also, how can I increase the volume in the headset cause the default one is
> very low! You can hardly understand the person you are calling.

   Hopefully it is enough to adjust control 3 "Headphone Playback Volume"
and control 6 "Bypass Playback Volume" in the gsmheadset.state file.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen