[debian] Illume won't show any icons

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Feb 13 00:22:44 CET 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:07:08 +0100 Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> I have a fresh e17/illume running under debian, but Illume doesn't display
> any program entries although there are plenty in /usr/share/applications. I
> know there are issues with categories since Illume doesn't display all of
> them, but a known working one was/is "Applications" (with an 's'). This
> workaround doesn't work for me, I have Applications as Category but the entry
> still doesn't appear.
> How may I fix this?

nothing to do with illume or e and 100% to do with the system's menu config -
the exact same config that drives gnome, kde, e, xfce etc.

/etc/xgd/menus.applications.menu (or other menu files here) is what you need.
e's first run wizard gives you a choice of all the .menu files it finds. if it
finds any.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com