Fso Python binding

Guillaume Chereau charlie at openmoko.org
Mon Feb 16 03:44:43 CET 2009

Hi Michele,

I share your feeling that directly using dbus in python is a little bit
tedious.
I didn't try your your code, just had a look at it, I like how the dbus
methods are directly added into the object instead of using the
__getattr__ method, it means we can use automatic completion from the
python interpreter, something that is missing with DBus proxy objects.

What I like less is that you are using GObject, which mean I won't be
able use your library for paroli.

Also I though all the signals in GObject class had to be declared at the
class level, how does it work with your introspection mechanism ?

Anyway, I think it is a good initiative, maybe Mickey will consider
adding this or something similar to the framework git.

Cheers,
-gui