First release of Enscribi - handwriting recognition input method

Olof Sjobergh olofsj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:59:07 CET 2009

I'm glad there's a lot of interest in this. =)

As for the poor results for Chinese characters, I suspect the
character data for Chinese is not perfect. Personally I don't know any
Chinese, so it's hard for me to check. However, for Japanese it works
quite well, but there are some characters that are missing and have to
be added.

The data for the characters are from the Tomoe project (another
handwriting recognition method), available at
http://tomoe.sourceforge.jp. They also have a stroke editor that can
be used to edit/add new characters.

Yesterday I found and fixed the problem with inputting in Edje entry
widgets. I sent the patch to the enlightenment devel list, but have
attached it here as well for anyone interested in testing it. Patching
and recompiling Ecore should make it possible to write in any program
using Elementary or Edje.

There's still a lot to improve, and any suggestions or patches are appreciated.

Best regards,

Olof Sjöbergh