First release of Enscribi - handwriting recognition input method

HouYu Li karadog at
Mon Feb 16 09:18:20 CET 2009

I am going to look into the tomoe project.  but for your patch... I am
sorry. I haven't managed to build the FSO/SHR image on my Ubuntu 8.04. It
seems that there is always some git repository not available. I don't know
whether it's the problem of the network or not. Anyway, Now, I am not lucky
with build FSO/SHR images.......................not happy with this.... Hope
someone could help test your patch...

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Olof Sjobergh <olofsj at> wrote:

> I'm glad there's a lot of interest in this. =)
> As for the poor results for Chinese characters, I suspect the
> character data for Chinese is not perfect. Personally I don't know any
> Chinese, so it's hard for me to check. However, for Japanese it works
> quite well, but there are some characters that are missing and have to
> be added.
> The data for the characters are from the Tomoe project (another
> handwriting recognition method), available at
> They also have a stroke editor that can
> be used to edit/add new characters.
> Yesterday I found and fixed the problem with inputting in Edje entry
> widgets. I sent the patch to the enlightenment devel list, but have
> attached it here as well for anyone interested in testing it. Patching
> and recompiling Ecore should make it possible to write in any program
> using Elementary or Edje.
> There's still a lot to improve, and any suggestions or patches are
> appreciated.
> Best regards,
> Olof Sjöbergh

Best Regards