[All] To build a better music player

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Feb 16 12:57:24 CET 2009

Dylan Reilly wrote:
> 1) Yaroslav Halchenko got me off my lazy butt and we are going to be
> actively collaborating on further pythm hacking. This is good because
> he is already correcting my horrible python :^)  My git fork can be
> found at http://github.com/negi/pythm for all those interested.
>
> 2) I uploaded a new version to opkg.org. I double-checked this opkg
> and it is installing fine for me. Changes include:
> * Add ability to use RequestResource in newer FSO to stop device
> suspend during playback. This is now the default. The suspension of
> Enlightenment suspend is still supported by changing "suspend_iface"
> in the config file.
> * Fix python execution error when gstreamer fails to play a media file
> and the exception is being reported.
> * Internal code clean-up.

This one worked with SHR of dec.16.
But not with SHR of jan.23. I get:
$ pythm
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/pythm-bin", line 14, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/bin/pythm-bin", line 8, in main
     from pythm import startPythm
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/__init__.py", line 1, in
<module>
     from pythm import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/pythm.py", line 1, in
<module>
     import gtkgui
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/__init__.py",
line 1, in <module>
     from pythmgtk import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/pythmgtk.py",
line 6, in <module>
     from pagelist import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/gtkgui/pagelist.py",
line 5, in <module>
     from pythm.functions import format_time
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pythm/functions.py", line 6,
in <module>
     from mutagen.easyid3 import EasyID3

ImportError: No module named mutagen.easyid3

Installing mutagen like this doesn't help:
opkg install http://www.opkg.org/packages/mutagen_svn-4350_armv4t.ipk

The install goes well, but I still get the same error.

Helge Hafting