Bicycle Power adaptor for Freerunner

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 12:42:43 CET 2009

Hi there!

> Hey all,
> is anybody out there who is using the FR on longer trips for navigation
> and/or geocaching? How did you solve the power problem?
>
> I would love to have an adapter from my hub generator for the
> Freerunner. Should not be too difficult. Something to convert AC to DC
> and then maybe some switching thing to getthe right voltage (DC/DC
> converter or what).
>
> Does anybody have a solution or some hints?

Assuming you're from Germany due to your name and mail provider ( ;) ), the
computer magazine c't had an interesting workshop-article explaining how to
build a voltage converter with rechargable battery to power devices via usb with
the hub generator of a bike.
The Article can be found here:

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/2007/23/190_kiosk
(alas, not for free, they want 60 cents for it - alternatively, you can ask
someone with a c't subscription for the article)

They also had a multi-parted workshop in their TV show, a link to the archives
can be found here:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/c-t-magazin-tv-Sommerprojekt-Multimedia-Fahrrad--/meldung/110428

hth,
Konstantin